Our Data Protection Principles:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Data will never be sold, or given, to any third party organisation for marketing purposes.
All users of Sheffield Women in Tech's website & services are entitled to:
- Ask what information we hold about them and why.
- Ask how to gain access to it.
- Be informed how to keep it up to date.
- Be informed what we are doing to comply with the 1998 Data Protection Act.
We currently request, collect and store data for these purposes:
- Website analytics.
- Subscriptions to our Email Newsletter.
- Requests for invitations to the our Slack Team.
- Job postings, including website registration by authorised users posting new jobs.
- Comments on blog posts.
- Email and internal contacts lists.
In addition, we use these external services which may collect user data:
- Places posted to the Ecosystem Map – this data is controlled by MapMe, based in Israel.
- Gmail, Mailchimp.
Our data security measures include:
- End-to-end encryption via HTTPS across the whole of the Sheffield Women in Tech website.
- All website data is backed up via our hosting provider.
- Other internal data is hosted and backed up in Google Drive.